- Successfully lobbied both Manatee and Sarasota Counties to roll back impact fees for new construction
- Successfully lobbied Sarasota County to review the 2050 Plan to allow new development east of
I-75 with density of more than one unit per 5 acres.
- Have worked to create a “MODEL” task force addressing Unlicensed Contracting in our community.
- Successfully lobbied local jurisdictions to raise the minimum fines for “Unlicensed Contracting” from $500.00 to $2000.00 per incident.
- Worked to support candidates in the local county and city races that understand and support the construction industry ideas and needs to allow the industry to develop and build with less regulation, excess permitting and approval time to improve profitability for our members.
- Encouraged and lobbied MSBIA members to serve on local government advisory boards to insure that our industry has input to issues that affect the construction industry in our community.
- Providing CEU classes with local building officials and DBPR on new building codes passed by state legislation.
- Working with Sarasota County on changes to their comprehensive plans to prevent difficult revisions.
- Addressing Manatee County on revisions & updates to their land development regulations.
- Lobbying for amendments to fiscal neutrality for Sarasota County’s 2050 plan.
- Addressing & lobbying for fair impact and mobility fees in both Manatee and Sarasota Counties.
- Will address permit fees in Sarasota County and lobbying for lower permit fees after the fee study concludes.
- Lobbying at the state level to prevent onerous building code revisions.