MSBIA members have a number of ways in which to “get involved.” Your involvement is the best way to maximize a return on your investment in the association. This involvement can range from attending various BIA meetings & events in order to expand your networking opportunities within the industry, to serving on specific committees in areas of interest to you. Whatever your preference, we highly recommend your involvement – it should prove beneficial to your business and provide opportunities for some fun too!
Meeting dates and times are on calendar.
MEMBERSHIP TEAM is open to all members of the Association. Meetings are at 4pm the 4th Tuesday of every month followed by happy hour (location decided by committee).
The Membership Committee shall:
- Brainstorm ideas for annual membership drives,
- promote involvement in association events, education and gatherings,
- engage members (new and seasoned) with check-up calls,
- conduct “featured member” interviews,
- assist with locations and sponsors for member mixers, breakfasts and GMMs,
- promote the MSBIA at local events (home shows and business expos),
- be ambassadors for new and “lost” members at meetings and events,
- plan the annual SPIKE club outing
- promoting and helping builders with the Pinnacle Builder Program,
- forward member good news to membership director for publications and social media,
- conduct exit surveys with non-renewed members,
- recognizes and awards SPIKE members at monthly meetings.
GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS COMMITTEE is open to all members of the Association. To serve as a recommending body to the BIA Executive Committee and Board of Directors for policy development and action on the government affairs issues of either local or statewide impact to the home building industry. The Government Affairs Committee Chair acts as a liaison between the Committee and the Board. The committee meets at the MSBIA office the third Monday of each month at 4pm.
SARASOTA SLAM COMMITTEE is open to all members of the Association and directed by the Tournament Director. Meetings will be decided by the committee at the first meeting for the following year. The Sarasota Slam is a source of non-dues revenue for the association.
The Sarasota Slam Committee is responsible for:
- securing sponsors,
- promoting the tournament,
- contributing ideas to improve the tournament,
- assist with the tournament the day of the Slam.
ASSOCIATE & TRADES COMMITTEE is open to all Associate Members of the Association. Meetings are at 4pm the 3rd Wednesday of every month
The Associate & Trades Committee is responsible for:
- developing programs and services to support the needs of the associate members
- including securing sponsors,
- contributing ideas,
- promoting and assisting with the Associate Appreciation Trade Show,
- promoting and assisting with the Spring and Fall Golf Tournaments,
- promoting “Doing Business with Member” principals